- ACG Project, Central Azeri
- B-193 Wellhead Platforms - HIPPS
- Breagh Alpha - HIPPS and ESD
- Dragon LNG Import Terminal, HIPPS
- EnCana Buzzard, North Sea
- Hammerfest - ESD, HIPPS, SIS
- HIMax Programmable Electronic System (PES) at UK Refinery
- KårstØ Utbyggings - ESD with Marshalling
- KEP 2010 Kårstø Expansion Project
- Holford Gas Storage - ESD
- Maersk D and E - ESD and Fire and Gas Detection
- Mayflower and Cattedown - Tank Overfill Protection (TOPS)
- Occidental PS-1, ESD and Fire and Gas Detection
- Ormen Lange - HIPPS
- Pearl GTL Project - HIPPS
- Peru LNG Export - HIPPS
- Ratnagiri, India - Skid Mounted HIPPS
- Rosetta, Egypt - ESD and FGD
- SABIC UK Petrochemicals WGEP Pipeline - Safety Instrumented Systems
- Talisman Affleck over Clyde - HIPPS
- Tengiz, Kazakhstan - Programmable Electronic System (PES)
- Terra Nova FPSO - Emergency Shutdown ESD
- UK Refinery - High Integrity Alarm System
- UK Refinery - Site-wide PLC Upgrade
- Woqod LPG Bottling Plant, Doha - ICSS
- Zakum Gas Injection - HIPPS
Application: Programmable Electronic Systems (PES)
Installation Area: Wilton, Teesside, UK
Client: SABIC UK Petrochemicals
Hima-Sella provided 20 programmable electronic systems to protect valve stations along the Wilton-Grangemouth Ethylene Pipeline (WGEP).
The installations are part of an upgrade programme which commenced in 2010 and includes the replacement of the valve stations’ Remote Terminal Units (RTUs) and hardwired valve interlocks with a BS EN 61508 safety system.
At the valve stations, which are in remote locations, a number of parameters are monitored including valve positions, upstream and downstream pressures, temperatures, cathodic protection, battery charger status and product flows. Hima-Sella’s solution for localised safety within each valve station is the HIMA HIMatrix F35 Programmable Electronic System (PES), which has 8 analogue inputs, 24 digital inputs, eight digital outputs, three Fieldbus ports and four configurable Ethernet ports.
All 20 PESs for the WGEP upgrade were programmed by Hima-Sella, using HIMA’s IEC 61131-3-compliant ELOP II software tool.
In a separate contract, Hima-Sella has also provided a Safety Instrumented System (SIS – and again based on a HIMatrix PES) to SABIC UK Petrochemicals to protect its Teesside, Arthur Taylor Jetty Arm. Located in a Jetty Electrical Hut, the SIS is a standalone SIL 3 system with fail-safe inputs and outputs.
Please contact us for further information